Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Scaitcliffe House, Ormerod Street, Accrington
Apologies for Absence, Substitutions, Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
Apologies for absence were submitted from Councillors Kate Walsh and Patrick McGingley.
Councillor Miles Parkinson acted as a substitute representative for Councillor Kate Walsh.
Councillor Miles Parkinson declared a Non Pecuniary Interest for the application 11/19/0433. He disclosed that the applicant is a relative by marriage and due to there being no financial implications he would remain present in the room but not vote.
There was no reported declarations of interest.
To submit the minutes of the Planning Committee held on the 25th November 2019 for approval as a correct record.
Recommended - That the Minutes be received and approved as a correct record.
The minutes of the last Planning Committee held on the 25th November 2019, were submitted for approval as a correct record.
Resolved - That the minutes be received and approved as a correct record.
3A. 11/19/0358 – Village Inn Water Street, Great Harwood
Major Full: conversion of former public house to 10no apartments (I bed) including demolition of rear annex and changes to windows and insertion of veluxes in roof.
3B. 11/19/0433 – 10 Mill Gardens, Great Harwood
The application is being presented to Planning Committee because the works are being undertaken for an elected member (Councillor).
Recommended - That the planning applications be determined as set out in the report.
The Chief Planning and Transportation Officer submitted a report setting out recommended action on the following planning applications.
Resolved - (1) That the following planning application be approved subject to:
(i)The signing of a Section 106 relating to open space (£4689) and bin provision (£ to be confirmed), and
(ii)The conditions as per the report.
11/19/0358 Village Inn Water Street, Great Harwood.
Major Full: conversion of former public house to 10no apartments (1 bed) including demolition of rear annex and changes to windows and insertion of veluxes in roof.
NB. 1. The Principal Planning Officer read out the comments received from Councillor Patrick McGinley to the Committee on the application and responded to the comments.
2. Councillor Judith Addison spoke at the Committee requesting the open space provision monies are spent within the vicinity of the application.
Resolved – (2) That the following planning application be approved subject to the conditions as per the report.
11/19/0433 10 Mill Gardens, Great Harwood, BB6 7FN
Conversion of integral garage to provide living accommodation – bedroom ensuite wet room and kitchen.
NB. 1. The application was presented to the Planning Committee because the works are being undertaken for a Councillor.
2. The Planning Officer read out the comments received from Councillor Patrick McGinley to the Committee on the application and responded to the comments.
3. The Chair of the Committee felt the comments from Cllr Patrick McGinely has been pre-determined and not relevant to the planning guidelines.
3. Mr Gareth Molineux spoke at the Committee in support of the above planning application to rehouse his elderly relative.
4. Councillor Kath Pratt asked for clarification that there would be enough parking due to the loss of a parking space. The Planning Officer confirmed there is a 12 space car park directly across from the application address, which will suffice.